Prior to 1953 the hurling needs in Graignamangh were catered for by the Brandon Rovers, in fact there were three clubs in the area Brandon Rovers, Blacks and Whites and Tinnahinch. In 1953 a new club was formed under the name of St Vincents. The name was changed to Graignamanagh GAA Club.
The Graignamanagh club has thrived ever since. Blacks and Whites are also still going strong. Across the river Barrow in Carlow hurlers in Tinnahinch now tog out for St Mullins GAA Club.