Longstone (in red) versus Clonduff
Although there was a Longstone team for a few years in the 1930s, the present Club was started in 1945. A collection was held at a dance and sufficient money was raised to purchase a football and hire a field from July to October. This field was on the Oldtown Lane and was owned by Joe McKibben.
After a number of practice matches among themselves and with the neighbouring 'Clinchers' from Brackney it was decided to hold a meeting and form a committee.
Mark Poland, Ambrose Rodgers senior and Ambrose Rodgers junior, Mark Doran and Conor Poland.
Club website - http://www.longstonegac.com/