GAA Club Rankings

St Croans GFC crest
St Croans GFC

St. Croans G.A.A. club is a rural G.A.A. club that represents the parish of Ballintubber and Ballymoe. Martin Morgan, Tommy Egan, George Quinn and Pat O’Gara formed the club in 1942 to cater for the football needs of the parishioners from the half parishes of Ballintubber and Ballymoe. The football grounds were located in Enfield, a town land of Ballintubber and were officially opened in 1965.

Bonfires burned across the parish of Ballintubber/Ballymoe on Sunday evening the 4th of October as St. Croans G.A.A. Club captured it’s first Intermediate Championship title since 1989. Following a 20 year wait St. Croans picked up the Jamsie Murray Cup in style, defeating old foes St. Dominics in Dr. Hyde Park.

Entering 2010 the club has continued to grow and achieve success. The club has begun developement of an all weather pitch, stand, flood-lighting and car parking facilities in Enfield adjacent to our current grounds. Fundraising has been ongoing throughout the year and it is hoped that the pitch will be completed in 2011. When the development is completed St. Croans will have ample training and playing facilities of the highest standard available for all members of the community.

This site uses cookies to improve the service. If you wish to disable them, click here.